Saturday 16 June 2012

More from Artsycrafts

                 "There is more to life than increasing its speed."
                                                                                      Mahatma Gandi

Ooh, how nasty has the weather been the last couple of days? Still at least it waited until the end of the week, (for the west of Scotland at least). You see, #1 sproglet had spent Monday to Friday with the school at one of those Outward Bound type places, and I know that he is not too fond of either the "great outdoors" or the rain. Off he went with his waterproofs, hiking boots, warm clothing, a flask and a pair of tweezers to remove ticks (yuck). It was the first time he had been away from home, but he seems to have had a great time. So much for all my worrying.

Anyhoo, it gave me some time to tidy (likely story) and put away my purchases from Paper Artsy (another likely story).
As I couldn't choose between the new sewing stamps, I ended up with all of them, plus one of the Jubilee sets.

New Paper Artsy Hot Picks
I chose the mounted sets, as I hate having to cut out all that sticky stuff, and Mr Paper Artsy does the job so beautifully it would be criminal not to get them.


I found this stamp among the collection and though that I had come across it somewhere before.

 And here it is. It was one the contents of a vintage sewing box that I bought from eBay recently. Mr Perfect thought that it was just a box of old tat, complete with a "vintage" smell, but I knew it would come in useful!!

This cool Wendy Vecchi charm is about 7cms tall 

Studio 490 have some really fab embellishments 
These cotton reels Leandra and Mark did themselves. I don't know if I'm allowed to share the secret with you, but I am going to be making more of my own. As, I suspect, are most of the people who took part in the class. I will ask if I can share.

Plain


And decorated

Crafters Workshop stencils

Just look at some of the amazing pieces that Lin and Leandra had on display to go along with these stencils





Aren't they great. All done with Paper Artsy stamps and Fresco Paints.


 Well that's it for tonight as I'm off to watch Smash.

Big hugs
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
free counters